China / Motorola confirms further staff layoffs

Job Market Monitor

Motorola Mobility China confirmed Tuesday that it is carrying out a second round of massive layoffs, a further move to cut its workforce since Google Inc acquired its parent company Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion last year.

According to telecommunications industry website ccidcom.com, the US-based company is planning to cut 800 jobs in China, with the sales team also on the reduction list. After the layoff, only 200 jobs will be retained in China, mainly in the area of telecommunications management.

The report said the company’s China CEO Meng Pu, who oversaw 1,000 layoffs at the company last year, has recently resigned as well.

Kevin Si, public relations manager at Motorola, told the Global Times Tuesday that the layoff was part of “our headquarters’ global layoff decision,” but refused to disclose further information about it.

Si said China was still “a very important market” for the company, and Motorola will…

View original post 439 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s